Friday, June 12, 2009

SCHOOL'S OUT!

Finally, the long wait of the past two weeks is over. School has finally let out for the summer! It's a weird feeling however, since this is the first school year that I've been going to school full time (homeschooled the last few years) since the 6th grade. Now we all know those elementary school kids, they can barely stand to wait for school to let out. When the last bell rings, they run out of that classroom as if their pants were on fire. Nothing can bring their mood down for the next few days. I was expecting that same joy to return once again this school year, but it was not so. What I felt instead, was a great feeling of bittersweetness. It was great to be able to take it easy for the next two months, but it also meant parting with all the amazing people I've met over the last year. This was definitely NOT something I felt back in elementary school! Some people might be thinking just the opposite, that high school sucks and it is not the best years of your life. Not for me. I love high school. Being at Buckingham has made me realize this. I thought I had it good being homeschooled, not having to go anywhere and doing relatively little work. Boy was I missing out. I was missing out on making friends, and more importantly, making memories. Memories of all the crazy things we did in high school. Now at the half way point of high school, I look back and say, goodbye to my shy, awkward underclassman self, and look towards improving myself as a UPPERCLASSMAN! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment